Ipes/ Ayperos is a prince and count of hell, who commands 36 legions. He appears as an angel or lion with the head and feet of a goose and a short hair’s tail. Ipes knows of the past and future, gives men intellect and courage, and can tell of hidden treasures.
Pseudomonarchia daemonum – Johann Wier (1583) (quoted)
Ipos (Ipes), alias Ayporos (Ayperos), is a great earle and a prince, appeering in the shape of an angell, and yet indeed more obscure and filthie than a lion, with a lions head, a gooses feet, and a hares taile: he knoweth things to come and past, he maketh a man wittie, and bold, and hath under his jurisdiction thirtie six legions.
Goetia – S. L. MacGregor Mathers (1904) (quoted)
The Twenty-second Spirit is lpos. He is an Earl, and a Mighty Prince, and appeareth in the form of an Angel with a Lion’s Head, and a Goose’s Foot, and Hare’s Tail. He knoweth all things Past, Present, and to Come. He maketh men witty and bold. He governeth 36 Legions of Spirits. His Seal is this, which thou shalt wear, etc.
- DeliriumsRealm Store: Buy lpos Merchandise
- Book: The Goetia the Lesser Key of Solomon the King: Lemegeton, Book 1 Clavicula Salomonis Regis
- Book: Discoverie of Witchcraft
- Web: The Goetia – the Lesser Key of Solomon (from sacred-texts.com)
- Web: Pseudomonarchia daemonum (from esotericarchives.com)